Health director: Prof. Mario Carletti
- Specialist in Sporting Medicine
- Specialist in Orthopaedics
- Specialist in Aeronautical and Space Medicine
Prof. Francesco Lenotti
- ISEF qualified
- Athletic trainer
Dot. Matteo Beltemacchi - Surgeon
- Specialising in Sporting Medicine
Dott. Andrea Belli
With the collaboration of Palermo University Hospital
This plan will be used to fully assess team functionality (not just the athletes), to prepare athletic preparation cycles with personalised work loads and will include dietary assessment, psycho-behavioural study and specialist medical support.
Long term objectives
- to achieve the complete psycho-physical well-being of each athlete.
- to increase the athletic performance of each member of the team.
- to impede the use of any doping substance or method.
- The diagnosis and cure of pre-existing or occurring pathologies
In order to attain the "primary prevention objective", the health staff believes that is necessary to act as follows, for the entire preparation period of the America's Cup:
- Periodical functional assessments, in the field and in the laboratory
- General and specific athletic preparation
- Balanced diet, personalised for each team member, in function to specific needs
- Physiological integration: hydro-saline integration, energy integration, plastic integration, regulatory and additional metabolites
- Vaccinations: anti-tetanus; anti-influenza
In order to attain the "secondary prevention objective" the health staff believes that the following is necessary:
- Basic and Specialist medical assistance
- Physiotherapy assistance